Dating a Transgender Woman and TS dating in general is most successful when people are themselves, open minded, and willing to learn. One of the best things about dating online is that one can take time to browse and select before falling for someone or before attempting to justify a relationship that might not work. There are certain things about potential dating partners that one cannot accept and having a nice profile on online will certainly help to find a better, more suitable potential match. It is a little more complicated for transgender people. Even though, nowadays we live in a more equal society and men and women may have many interests in common, we still tend to think in stereotypes. Transgender people are entitled to the same respect and equal treatment as anyone else.
A Few Don’ts
At some point in life, every transgender person has been dealing with a situation when the person he/she is dating might come up with some awkward questions, questions that should never be asked a transgender person. If you want to date a transgender woman, never asked these questions. If there is a potential match let the woman decide when it is time to share personal or intimate thoughts.
• When have you decided to be transgender? Transgender people don’t make decisions when to become transgender. Only an uneducated person might ask a question like this. Show some interest in their family or hobbies instead. You would show them how genuine your interest is in dating.
• Have you had the “Op” ? A very awkward and embarrassing question. It is her own right to tell you about their private parts and if her breasts are implants or grown due to hormones. Let her tell you when she will feel comfortable to speak about the subject.
• How do you have sex? Why would anyone ask a question like this? Do we always ask people we meet about their sex preferences? Certainly, not. Then why ask this question a transgender person?
• What do you do in bed? Certainly showing ignorance in so many ways.
• Don’t make statements like, “I can tell that you used to be a man”. A rude statement even if said like, “You’re so beautiful, you look very feminine today”.
Transgender women don’t ask for special treatment. They want to be treated in the same way any other woman would be treated. If a man is nice to other women why do they forget about their manners when approaching transgender women? Being able to describe a person based on a set of characteristics isn’t very useful. It is the full experience of spending time with someone that tells you whether you like a person or not. It is not a simple matter of someone being perfect or having the right eye color. Trying to communicate to and understand the transgender woman it is an experience that brings the fulfillment of sharing with someone.
If you decide to date a transgender woman:
• Create a nice profile.
• Know the traits and values.
• Be honest when describing yourself while creating a profile.
• Don’t lie about your age.
• Use your own pictures, the best you got
• Don’t use your real name on your profile if you don’t want to but be honest about who you are when deciding to meet in person.
• Describe your intentions and what you are looking for in a relationship. Trans women will appreciate your honesty and you will get more connections this.
Dating and relationships can be complicated for transgender people especially when transitioning but with some effort and patients everything towards a meaningful relationship can be achieved.